Sunday, October 26, 2014

The Big 26.2!

So It's official. We have run a marathon! It took me about 4:30 to complete and Buddy did his in 3:40. I'm not sure I've ever been as sore as I was the day after. I mean, I could barely walk and every time I stepped off a curb I almost fell over. They say it takes 26 days to fully recover from 26 miles and I believe it! Over the last couple weeks I've done a mile here or there and it was terrible. My legs really did not feel normal. This last week I finally felt back to normal when I ran 2 miles. Though recovery was awful, the race was epic! Buddy ran it way faster than he thought he would and I did just as good as I expected. My goal was to complete it without a wheelchair! And I did WAY more than that! The last mile was my fastest mile and I sprinted the last quarter mile and across the finish line. I had a few people make snarky and aghast remarks as I blew their doors off when they were solely trying to survive to the finish line. It was AWESOME!!!




Buddy is a "barefoot runner" meaning, that he runs barefoot (almost). These are his Vibram FiveFingers. Basically all they are is a rubber lining on is foot. There isn't any padding or anything like that. And yes, he ran the whole 26.2 miles in them!



Buddy was the only one to walk away with foot problems. He had a huge blood blister :(


No comments:

Post a Comment