Thursday, August 4, 2011

Baby Projects!!!

I am so excited.  Within a week I will be done with finals and have a LOT of down time until October rolls around.  So what am I going to do?!  I'm going to further my education in the crafty world and take on some sewing projects and other things like that.  You can follow my projects or get better baby stuff ideas here on my Pinterest.  (Anything in pink is a link that'll take you to instructions and stuff so you can make it!)

Project #1  DIY Swaddle Me


For complete Swaddle Me patter, click here

Project #2  Taggy Blanket.  There are three different ones that I'm looking at.  Each has a different feature that I like.

Taggy Blanket #1 This one has a cute letter (I like that) and original website has good fabrics to use and more detailed instructions. 

Taggy Blanket #2  I like the colors on this one and how they used different kinds of ribbon.  I think it'd be more fun for the baby.





Taggy Blanket #3  This one was made for a blind baby so there are TONS of sensory things on it.  I'm thinking I'll probably do a combination of the 3.





This is going to be the toughest project but I'm excited.  Here's the before and after for this car seat:



Project #4 Matching Car Seat Canopy.  There are a few different styles that I'm looking at for this as well.

Peek-a-boo canopy DIY - I really like this idea

This one has a bit of a different design.  Rather than just being a square it has slots in the middle to go around the car seat handles.  I'm also in LOVE with the patchwork done on it.


Project #5  Diaper Bag, Diaper Holder, and Changing Mat. I'm looking at 2 different bags.  Can't decide which one to do yet...

This bag is pretty complex.  But it has more pockets.  But there are great DIY instructions for the bag, diaper holder, and changing pad here

6 Pocket Bag DIY - this one seems more simple.  We'll see which one I choose.


As for changing mats and diaper carriers, there are so many different kinds that I have no idea which one I prefer yet.  Maybe the bag I choose will determine what I make.



DIY instructions for the above
DIY instructions for below


Project #6  A Count Down!


And one more possible project.  A Baby Sling


One that I already have but that YOU might like:  Nursing Cover


1 comment:

  1. oooh you will have to help me with project number 4 :) I would love to make a car seat cover! Tell me how it goes. :) you are very ambitious, we are so excited to meet your little one and will be back in provo!

    ReplyDelete