About a year ago I had a friend going through a really tough time in life so I went to her. I tried saying all kinds of things to help sooth her heart but me and my imperfections with communication just said the stupidest things that should have just made it worse. After I went back home, I realized this and I felt absolutely TERRIBLE!! So I quickly apologized for saying such things and she taught me a huge lesson. She said "Rachel, I know where your heart is and I know that you mean well. It's ok." I was so grateful that she understood that because it was true, I just wasn't able to verbalize it properly and communicate with her in the way that she needed in that moment but she knew my intentions.
I can't help but wonder how different life would be if people could see past everything that's on the outside, body language, facial expressions, and words, and truly look on the inside and see the intentions behind our poor communication. I know that's what Christ does and that's why he loves us so much. He knows our HEARTS! And if we could just get to know people's hearts as well, there would be less hurt feelings and offense taken. There would be more friendships and love. The world could be such a better place... I challenge you to look past everything on the outside and realize the intentions behind it and keep your focus on the heart :) And I'm going to do the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment