On Friday night me and Buddy up and decided to leave for Moab! We left town at about 7 at night and on our way up through the canyon to Price, we encountered some serious snow. It was so bad and icy that everyone was crashing and then traffic came to a full and complete stop. As we were sitting there for 2 hours, we saw a tanker trying to move, ya he just slid off the road haha...
We did not make it to Moab on Friday night as planned. We stopped in Price and stayed in my dad's dorm. That was really nice. Saturday morning we trekked into Moab. We found a wonderful campsite and set up camp. we played games, had lunch, went on a nice drive up a canyon, went back to camp and I started preparing the coals for what was supposed to be dinner. I way over estimated the duration required to cook my stew over coals. The trip was destined because we had all necessary food at home and we didn't have to go shopping for anything! So in the fridge I had carrots, onions, celery, potatoes, ground beef, and I took some bullion cubes. Perfect for stew!! So I got the coals going in the fire pit and cooking the ground beef in my dutch oven. We added water, the bullion cubes, I cut up the carrots, potatoes, and celery (the onion was already cut) and put them in the stew!! It was done in no time!!!! It will now be a Lindsey tradition because it was so darn good!! Then we played Risk, I won as always!
We made a fire and had hot chocolate when it was beginning to get dark, but we didn't stay out long. It got very cold and that night I froze!! It was awful.... Early in the morning I had to hop into Buddy's mummy bag to try and warm up. I had also been laying on my back and my sciatic nerve thing was flared up worse than anything I had previously experienced. Every movement sent a pang of shearing pain through my butt and leg. So getting into Buddy's bad was extremely difficult, cold, and painful. At about 5:40 we got out of bed and started to clean up camp. We wanted to be home in time to go to church at noon. It was bitter cold cleaning up and our hands froze way bad. It was not a pleasant experience...
At about 7 we were on the road, both of us were so tired though that we had to keep switching drivers. I drove most of the time but I did have to pull over and nap for a bit. We got back to our place at 10ish and got everything in the house and got all ready for church. Right before we left, I checked my email and found out that we didn't have church! There was a regional conference at 9 that we had completely missed. So we watched the first session of general conference instead :) That was happy.
At about 7 we were on the road, both of us were so tired though that we had to keep switching drivers. I drove most of the time but I did have to pull over and nap for a bit. We got back to our place at 10ish and got everything in the house and got all ready for church. Right before we left, I checked my email and found out that we didn't have church! There was a regional conference at 9 that we had completely missed. So we watched the first session of general conference instead :) That was happy.
Some other fun things that happened while we were there:
Buddy liked to fly his kite
He also liked to watch the ants try and eat/transport the M&M and carrot
No comments:
Post a Comment