We've been having scooter problems once again! I decided to try and fix it myself. I went and bought some carb cleaner and went home and took it apart. I took off all the side panels and gutted quite a bit of the insides in order to get to the carburetor. When I was finally able to access it, in the process of taking it apart I noticed that there was a pretty destroyed screw. I got my nice neighbor Rachel Smith to take me to Home Depot where I was able to find a replacement screw.
In the midst of all of this, Rachael (Buddy's Mom) came down to see us! It was very fun! We went out to eat and then we went and saw a movie! As soon as we got back from that at about 11 pm, life struck me like a tsunami. My music ed. application is due at the end of the month and I haven't even started on it. It requires 3 recorded performances, 2 papers, and a 15 min. video of me teaching. I initially took the scooter apart because if it broke down completely to the point where I couldn't fix it, I would waste a lot of time walking but if I could keep it going by spending an hour or two fixing it, it would save me time in the long run. Realizing that it had to be fixed for Monday, I went out and got to work. At 11 pm...... Everything was successful. I got out the bad screw, got into the carburetor, cleaned it out, and reassembled the scooter! Staying up late to do it didn't even affect me in church today!
Me and Buddy took it over to campus where they have the beautiful waterfall and creek to do some reading and writing. We recently acquired a blanket from our neighbor that is pretty darn awesome. It is fuzzy on one side and on the other it's like the outside of a coat and pretty water resistant. In the middle of our lovely outing, it started to POUR!!! We grabbed all of our stuff and ran to the scooter with the blanket covering us. There was so much rain! Buddy drove and I held the blank by the two corners over our heads while it just fluttered in the wind to try and keep us dry. It was so fun! Probably illegal though.... Buddy had both of his hands on the bar though. The blanket looked like a flying carpet over our heads and we drove back to our home. People looked at us funny but only because it was outrageous and funny! The rain soon turned to big hail things and then it pretty much stopped by the time we got home. It was a weird thunderstorm cloud passing through on a warm sunny day.
You are having scooter problems AGAIN too!?!?! Bleh I wish I was as cool as you and could fix it myself. Maybe I'll try superman blanketing it down the street and see if that helps.
ReplyDelete