A couple Sundays ago, we packed up our boys and headed to a small park that we had passed on our way home from church so that we could update our family photos. Earlier that week I had bought a tripod and a remote so that we could snap lots of photos and not have to worry about a timer. So when we got to the park, we figured out where we wanted to stand and while I started to set up the camera, Revin had a bathroom emergency. Buddy was inclined to make him wait but Revin was squatting up and down... Waiting wasn't an option! So in the car they got and drove to the closest gas station. While they were gone, I got some pictures of me and Hazen!


When they returned, we all stood in front of the camera. Now, when I push the button on the remote, a big light shines for a few moments before the picture is taken. As soon as I pushed the button and the light came on, Revin almost jumped forward out of Buddy's arms yelling "WOOOWW!!! COOL! WOAH!" It was hilarious! Unfortunately, this happened for just about every photo we took with the remote. Our first response when choosing our favorite was "Man. That would have been a great photo if Revin hadn't ruined it...." But then we thought, "He didn't ruin it. That's just Revin being Revin! It shows his personality!" So our favorite is this one. Because Revin was such a goof and it will always bring back fond memories of him. And who says family pictures have to be a perfect smiling face of everyone? And our sweet Hazen is drooling. That's just what he does! This picture is just a perfect portrayal of our sweet little guys.

And then we got some individuals with the boys. We sure do love their cute little faces.
Overall I would consider the photo shoot a success! It was a good time. It was also fun trying to figure out how to edit them in Photoshop. I wish I could take a class to learn some things because it just seems so complicated and NOT self explanitory. I have spent countless hours trying to learn the program and am slowly getting a hang of it. Here is a before and after:
I still have a LOT to learn about light and camera settings but I'm slowly getting a long :)
No comments:
Post a Comment