So my sister in law was due in November but her water broke early. She had her baby about 24 hours after us :) I think our two little boys were up in heaven saying "hey, I'll go down if you go down!" "Ok but you go first!!" So I let our little man know that his buddy Easton just got here. Our little guy came on October 15 at 3:44 am. He weighed 7 pounds and 4 ounces and was 20 in long. He has HUGE feet, very long and very much Stevenson feet (long toes and such) and according to our nurses, he has record breaking long finger nails! So long! And he kept scratching himself.... My sister Amber spent a long time today filing them down so now it's not so bad :) And Alyssa's baby has the exact same measurements as ours except he was 2 ounces lighter.
I decided to get an epidural... I was going to go natural but as labor progressed, I started to hum and haw about it. I asked the nurse how soon I needed to decide and she said "have you heard the lady next door screaming??? She decided to get an epidural too late." Then I had a way intense long contraction and after I said "give me the epidural." It turned out to be the best decision I could make! At that point in time I was having contractions that lasted a minute and were 5 minutes apart (and I had way bad back labor). For an hour near the end, I was having contractions that lasted 2 1/2 minutes with 15 second breaks in between. I would have died. Seriously.
At one point I was standing by the window holding our little man and said "Look! There's clouds! And the sky!" I then realized that he has NEVER seen the world!!!! And me and Buddy get to show him the WORLD!!! The grass, trees, rivers, Moab, sand, oceans... It is truly a magnificent thought.
Every thing has been going so well. We are so blessed. He is so healthy, labor and delivery went so well for both of us, he feeds great with little struggle, my body has been healing so fast and I really don't feel like I just gave birth. My only problem is that I'm so tired but my body doesn't really care! So it's hard to fall asleep.... But our little man sleeps great!!! Hopefully that lasts :) He is so beautiful... And so perfect. We just love him so much :)
Yay! We're so, So, SO excited for you guys!!! And what a handsome little man you've got :0) Hope recovery and postpartum goes well... love you guys!
ReplyDeleteHe's so sweet! I almost cried looking at the pictures. Love the one of him and Richie with the same expression on their face. Ha ha! Have fun showing him the world!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a good-looking baby! Congratulations you two! Richie trying to look like the baby was great--one of my favorite pictures. Can't wait to find out what his name is!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Rachel! He's adorable!
ReplyDeleteYay you guys!! Super exciting! Thanks for the pictures and good luck with everything!!
ReplyDeleteRachel, you are such a beautiful mother, and I am so, so happy for you! What a sweet little family :) - Allie Barnes
ReplyDelete