Sunday, April 19, 2009

Saturday Draper Temple Trip

So.... This is a really cool story. Buddy's friend Scott invited us to go do baptisms at the Draper temple yesterday and we got there and had to wait forever. When they finally took us into the confirmation room, a young man was sitting across from me that looked like David Archelleta. I thought that was pretty cool.... When it was his turn to be confirmed, he said his last name WAS Archelleta!!!! It was totally him! That was way way cool and the amazing thing was that it drastically improved my temple experience in a few different ways.

Way #1:
I was so impressed with him being there doing baptisms and was thinking about all the people there watching him and then I thought to my self.

Way #2:
I'm here doing what's right TOO!! Why is that not a big deal???? I realized that I am an important person, but not to the world. I'm just Rachel, an average girl that you see on the street. But David, is famous! He is an incredible singer and everyone knows who he is! Even the older generations in the temple. People know his name and his face. I got thinking about what a great example he is to everyone. He is just as sweet and humble as he looked on tv. He is an incredible individual.

Way #3:
He had come with a friend who was extremely normal. His friend wouldn't stand out to me if I saw him on the street and then I realized that neither would any of the other youth that were there except for the few girls with really cute outfits and hair. As I thought about this strange way that we have of thinking, I noticed a beautiful painting on the wall of Jesus with children gathered around Him. It hit me that Heavenly Father did not see David any more special than his friend that he was with or with any of the other youth that were there. I was just as special as David Archelleta to my Father in heaven.

It was really cool to be in the temple with David Archelleta but my favorite part of my trip was realizing that I was important. Not necessarily to the world, but to my Father and that is more important than anything to me. I am loved and admired by someone who can love perfectly and by someone who always loves unconditionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment